Dr. Katherine Albrecht is the director of CASPIAN (Consumers Against Supermarket Privacy Invasion and Numbering), an organization she founded in 1999 to advocate free-market, consumer-based solutions to the problem of retail privacy invasion. Katherine is widely recognized as one of the world’s leading experts on consumer privacy. She regularly speaks on the consumer privacy and civil liberties impacts of new technologies, with an emphasis on RFID and retail issues. She has testified on RFID technology before the Federal Trade Commission, state legislatures, the European Commission, Federal Reserve Bank and she has given over a thousand television, radio and print interviews to news outlets all over the world. Her efforts have been featured on CNN, NPR, the CBS Evening News, Business Week, and the London Times, to name just a few. Katherine is co-author of Spychips: How Major Corporations Plan to Track your Every Move with RFID.
Katherine Albrecht is true champion of privacy and civil liberties
- A popular media commentator whose views have been featured in over 2,000 radio, television, and print news stories.
- A dynamic radio personality who has hosted the daily syndicated radio show “Uncovering the Truth with Katherine Albrecht” since early 2007. Her unique brand of knowledge, eloquence and irreverance, coupled with a passion for truth and freedom, have earned her a devoted listener following.
- Author or Co-Author of six books and videos, including the award-winning bestseller “Spychips: How major corporations and government plan to track your every move with RFID” and “The Spychips Threat: Why Christians should resist RFID and electronic surveillance.”
- A highly effective privacy campaigner who combines thorough academic research, PR savvy, and social action to spotlight important privacy and freedom issues. Her efforts have brought major corporations to their knees, forcing them to renounce invasive plans to track and monitor the public. Katherine has spearheaded the worldwide movement against RFID tracking and implant technologies through boycotts, exposes, and street-level protests since 2003.
- A sought-after public speaker and privacy expert. Katherine has been invited to address the Federal Trade Commission, The Federal Reserve Bank, The European Commission, the Royal Society of London, The International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners, The International Civil Liberties Monitoring Group, The Privacy Commissioner of Canada, and the state legislatures of California, Washington, Arizona, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Delaware, and Michigan, to name just a few. In 2006 Katherine was appointed by NH Governor John Lynch to serve as an expert member of that state’s two-year RFID Study Commission.
Dr Katherine Albrecht at the University of Wollongong – IEEE ISTAS 2010
Katherine speaking with Alex Jones from Infowars.com:
Russia Today interview:
Spychips Watching You : Michael Shaw interviews Dr. Katherine Albrecht: